Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Visit to the Met

Lindy & I popped over to the Queensland Art Gallery today to see the American Impressionism & Realism exhibition. It closes the 20 September & I hate to miss these things...


Normally I'd say, "When will I ever beat the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York?", but I have actually been there! (Name dropper, travel bragger, etc) That was over 10 years ago.






We had a lovely time viewing the paintings, themes and ideas and couldn't resist a few photos around the immediate area of the gallery, bridge and wheel. Next on the list is Da Vinci's drawings at Southbank. Must check when that closes before I miss it.



My newly dyed hair really stands out in this photo! Good candid photo Lindy!

With head awash with art,

Jane

Related Posts with Thumbnails